Table Of Contents
Sleep Disorders in Adults
Sleep Disorders in Adults Are Associated With The Following.
Recipes for restful sleep.
- A quiet, dark, well-ventilated room.
- An empty stomach (3 hours after eating)
- Moderate physical activity before retiring
- A clear conscience, a mind at peace with God.
- Maintenance as regular a schedule as possible for going to bed, getting up, eating, exercising. The body flourishes on regular rhythms
- Try a lukewarm (not a hot) bath. It is a helpful relaxation technique.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and other stimulants
“Make it [a] habit not to sit up after nine o’clock. Every light should be extinguished. This turning night into day is a wretched, health-destroying habit, and this reading much by brain workers, up to the sleeping hours, is very injurious to health. It calls the blood to the brain and then there is restlessness and wakefulness, and the precious sleep that should rest the body does not come when desired. E. G. WHITE PIONEER HEALTH REFORMER/EDUCATOR”
The effect of sleeping with the light on.
Sleep Disorders in Adults can also be a direct result of using artificial light during dusk which suppresses the production of Melatonin, a hormone produced by the brain’s pineal gland at night Melatonin is responsible for the sleep-wake cycle. This hormone aids in lowering glucose levels, body pressure, and body temperature. There has being a significant increase in the risk of heart attack, cancer, and diabetes in people with suppressed Melatonin.
“Resting in any hour of the day or night is beneficial but God has made two hours before midnight four-fold a blessing to man than any other hour among the 24hrs, so also the Lord told us among the 7 days that make up the week that He has blessed the Sabbath being the 7th day of the week to be more than 10 fold blessing to man, what God blesses, He will not curse. Genesis 2:7, Numbers 24:9. OHAJA. CHINOMNSO. C”
The four stages of sleep.
“Sleep is not a vast wasteland of inactivity. The sleeping brain is highly active at various times during the night, performing numerous physiological, neurological, and biochemical housekeeping tasks. These are essential for everything, from maintaining life itself to reorganizing and enhancing thinking and memory. Dr James Maas,.Professor at Cornell University. ”
Herbs for Sleep Disorders in Adults
“I know the testimonies given me to for brain workers, that sleep is worth far more before than after midnight. Two hours’ good sleep before twelve o’clock is worth more than four hours after twelve o’clock. E. G. WHITE PIONEER HEALTH REFORMER /EDUCATOR”
Herbs Blend for Sleep Disorders in Adults
- Andrew Chehalis, Encyclopedia Of Herbal Medicine
- Christiana Moore., Herbs for Insomnia
- The readers digest June 1945.
- Diehl, H. & Ludington, A. . Health Power.
- Neil, N. The Lost Art Of Thinking.
- Mary, A, M. God’s Healing Way.
- Harvard Medical School  Repaying Your Sleep Debt.
- Dr. Arnott‘s 24 Realistic Ways to Improve Your Health.
- Joanne, B. Linda, A, A. & David, J, P. Herbal Medicines.
- Stacey, D. Susan, G. Herbal Remedies Made Simple
- PDR for herbal medicines.